Support St. Panteleimon
Your support is crucial to the sustainability of this ministry
- Unfortunately we do not qualify for many grants that are available to secular non-profit corporations since we are a faith-based organization.
- While senior living facilities allocate funds to hire entertainers to perform for their residents they expect spiritual programs to be provided on a volunteer basis. For whatever reason they simply do not see the spirituality of their residents as being worthy of funding.
- The people we serve do not donate to the ministry. Sadly it is very expensive to live in a senior residence. Most of our residents exhaust their resources trying to cover their basic living expenses each month. Some even rely on Medicaid to cover their medical expenses.
Help us to fulfill mandates of the Gospel, such as:
- The Great commission -- Christ commanded the Apostles to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20). This ministry has an opportunity to reach unchurched residents and their friends or families. Some previously-unchurched residents have been received into the Church by Orthodox clergy.
- The Golden Rule. Our Lord teaches: "And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them" (Luke 6:31; see also Matthew 7:12).
It could happen to you!
Suppose that, through no fault of your own, you were forced to leave your home and move into a senior living facility. Imagine what it would be like if you were no longer able to go to church regularly, if at all. Wouldn't it be nice if a Christian organization brought church services to you? If you would want this ministry to be available in the event that you or a loved one needed it please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
You may write to:
St. Panteleimon Orthodox Christian Outreach
20525 Center Ridge Rd. Suite 301
Rocky River, OH 44116
We would deeply appreciate donations of the following items:
Spiritual Supplies: to be distributed to those we serve, or to be used in worship at the nursing homes
- Bibles — Orthodox Study Bibles would be ideal but other versions would also be graciously accepted
- Icons (any size)
- Orthodox Prayer books
- Prayer cards
- Prayer ropes/beads
- 3-ring binders for church music
- Folders with 3 tabs — to use as service books
- Paper (white or in various colors)
- Postage stamps
- Toner cartridge(s) for Brother DCP 7020 printer/copier
- Electric (or battery-powered) candles
- Picture frames — to use for printed icons
- Table cloths in various sizes and colors
Please contact our office (440-941-4850) and someone will gladly pick up your donations!